Whether you have moved into a house with an existing enclosed patio or you have created your one in your present home, you are in for some fun decorating. Perhaps you have chosen a botanical theme for your decor. If that's the case, here are some ideas that might inspire you to create something delightful and unique.
The Furniture - Think about pieces that will add to a light and cheerful feeling.
- Rattan or white wicker furniture would both be really good choices. If you want something more quaint, consider decorating with a shabby chic look. To achieve this effect, buy old pieces or select unfinished furniture that you can refinish yourself. It's easy! You'll need two or three different colors of paint, paint brushes, rags, and sandpaper. Layer the paint and then sand it on edges, corners and anywhere else that will give it a bit of an old look.
- When you select the furniture for your room, consider hanging an old-fashioned bench swing right from the ceiling. Not only will it give you extra sitting space, but it will be a charming touch.
- For an extra pretty touch, include some children's furniture. Little rocking chairs would be perfect.
The Enhancements - Your personal touches are the things that will bring your enclosed patio to life. Think of things you would find in an outdoor setting.
- Consider the addition of throw pillows for the sofa and chairs. Fabrics with birds, foliage and flowers would be very appropriate. In addition, consider pillows with clever sayings on them. Some good ones would say things like I'd Rather Be Outdoors, Birds of a Feather Flock Together, or Plants Are Some Of My Best Friends.
- Another thought is placing botanical prints in pretty bamboo or wicker frames. Even your children's art will look wonderful when framed properly. Consider asking them to do pictures of birds and flowers, mat them with yellow or green backing and frame them to go in a grouping. Don't forget to ask the little artists to sign their work!
- A beautiful touch would be to have hanging baskets of plants and flowers in strategic places of the room. Ferns and palms are great choices.
The Window Treatment - Wooden plantation shutters would be a wonderful choice to go with your botanical theme.
- Besides being beautiful to look at, wooden plantation shutters are affordable.
- Maintaining them is a piece of cake. Simply go over them with a feather duster and, when extra care is needed, wipe them off with a damp cloth and a gentle cleanser.
- Plantation shutters offer light when you want it, and complete darkness when you want to watch a movie or if you want to set a romantic mood.
- State-of-the-art construction means that your shutters will work efficiently and will last for many years.
For more help with shutters, contact a company like Blinds & Shutters Direct.
Enjoy decorating your enclosed patio!